Sakai Improvements Coming for Fall 2017
- On August 14th, 2017 DIIS will launch a new version of Sakai with many improvements.
- Don't worry - all your prior and content added until that date will carry over.
- See the Sakai 11 Update Web site for features, timeline, FAQs, and learning more.
IC faculty, students & staff can use Zoom Cloud Meetings in any Sakai site!
- Important one time set up: First log into http://ithaca.zoom.us with Netpass credentials.
If you're the instructor (course site) or a manage user (project site):
- Click "Site Info"
- Click "Edit Tools"
- Scroll to the bottom of the tool list
- Tick "Zoom Cloud Meeting" (under "Plug In Tools")
- Click "Continue"
- Click "Finish"
Zoom will now appear at the bottom of your left navigation bar! Just click the "Zoom Cloud Meeting" link to install the Zoom application on your computer and enter a Zoom meeting.
NOTE: If you're on mobile, you'll need to download the "Zoom Cloud Meeting" application from Google Play or the iTunes Store.
Sakai Media Tools (aka Kaltura)
You can upload, manage, and deliver your video or audio easily right inside Sakai. Host a class media gallery, embed video, and create interactive video quizzes. Sakai Media Tool uploads do not impact your Sakai site’s quota and your media plays on any device.